Playing the Game
What to expect from your average Khimera screen
- 1 - HEALTH Your health! You'll lose some if you take a hit from an enemy pirate. If you run out, you'll be defeated! Pick up food to restore your health.
- 2 - CASH MONEY Collect treasure from downed enemies. You can also find it just lying around! The more you collect, the higher your rank will be when you complete a stage.
- 3 - TIME This keeps track of your time in a stage. Try and see how fast you can beat a level, or don't. It's up to you.
- 4 - CHELSHIA The hero herself! Chelshia will bend to your will with the push of a button. Guide her to victory!
- 5 - PIRATE Pirates come in all shapes and sizes. If it moves, chances are it's out to get you!
Clearing a stage!
A stage is cleared when you defeat the stage's boss or complete another objective. At this time, your time and cash money are tallied and checked against your personal best. You're eligible for three different medals based on your performance in a stage:
RANK: Your rank is determined by how much treasure you collect. Every stage requires a certain amount of treasure collected to be considered complete and worthy of an A rank. Otherwise, you'll be awarded ranks B through D depending on your performance.
NO-DEATH: You'll be awarded the no-death badge if you can complete the entire stage before dying. Deaths before the first checkpoint don't count and will not effect your eligibility for this badge.
BERSERK: Complete a level in berserk mode to be awarded this badge. You will need to unlock the Berserk Mode costume in order to be eligible.
Checkpoints and Defeat!
Look out for Estylia the gorgon! If you touch her, she'll activate her patented checkpoint magic! If you're defeated, you'll re spawn at the last checkpoint you cleared.
If you run out of health, you'll be defeated! In this case, you'll lose all of the treasure you've collected after your last checkpoint as well as an additional 100. However, you do keep any collectables you've already found, such as fairies. If you are defeated before reaching your first checkpoint, the stage will simply reset and you can try again with a fresh timer and will still be eligible to achieve the no-death medal.