Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Khimera: Destroy all Monster Girls
syx hard eh?

guess i won't bother
[Image: 29zbzus.gif][Image: 2v29yys.gif][Image: 29zbzus.gif]
Sux Wrote:I once had a dream that Yoshio irl was a cute anime girl
dorko4u Wrote:Yoshio sometimes I swear your brain's the size of a pea!
Reply }
Thanks given by:
I feel like Azure might be right, but I don't want to say much until I play the game again. Since I was streaming when I played an early version, I had an attitude of just rushing through levels and bosses. I never really learned any patterns. So I'll get around to finding out if I can even beat the levels without dying or get the good ranks even. But yeah, I totally just died and abused having full health to cheese my way through, bosses and levels. Don't know if I would have made it if SYX didn't point out every health upgrade. Not sure why he did that...

"Every single level I've completed I've been marked a D rank.." also lol, this is always the worst when you're not having a good time. I thought Yahtzee (Zero Punctuation) was on point when he brought this up about Sonic Unleashed. Not only are you suffering through the levels, but then the game is judging you poorly for it. But man, that's just what happens when you play a game with a ranking system and you have no idea how the scoring works. It sucks, but ranking systems are nice for completionists. I don't know.

But eh, I like the game. When I get back home, I gotta play it again and give it some thought. And then draw fanart.
[Image: Tz9C6Nk.gif] [Image: tumblr_nczob6jpmH1qk6z3co1_500_zpsdsmj1euq.gif] [Image: wOSLlsA.gif][Image: EnGrQ7o.gif]
Reply }
Thanks given by: Yoshio , Shooting Star Azure
Star 
So I have a hard time just putting a game aside so I powered on through with DETERMINATION and beat the final boss.  I was only able to beat that rising spike room with gourmet gal upgrades, they let me tank through the enemies as there's no time to kill them, and just hoped I wouldn't be knocked the wrong way for insta death (which happened sooo much).  Took about a dozen lives but it worked.  But god damn, this room makes Sans look easy, and Ultra V-Rated Mode a cakewalk.  Probably the most difficult thing I've ever done in any videogame ever.  It seems like it's balanced around berserk mode, where all enemies die in a hit.. and you take more damage but the spikes already insta kill you sooo I guess you're suppose to use it then? Though I don't remember if there are any fairies after this room so it might not even be available.

I found out how the scoring works.. sorta.  One of the NPCs said it's based on how much treasure you find in a level, so I've got some C's and B's now but.. doing the first level again, and getting all possible treasure, from every enemy and from every secret.. I still ended up with a B.  I also wasn't hit a single time, so I'm not sure what else I need to do for that.  

I love the characters and the ideas put into the game but I think the combat/platforming could use a good bit of revamp.  It just.. I dunno, seems so bizarre to me how punching/dashing are your main abilities but they end up getting you hurt 90% of the time.. it's like a mario game where every enemy is a spiked buzzy beetle that breathes fire.  It feels like wasted potential, like you could be dashing and combo'ing enemies, racking up a big score, but instead you have to take each one very slowly or dash over and skip.  

Anyway I should probably stop criticizing the game now, I'm starting to feel mean :( So.. hey! I got top score on Cakeboy! lol
~
If at first you don't succeed.. you fail.
Reply }
Thanks given by:
Rank is based entirely around CASH MONEY. Every stage basically has a set score for A Rank which usually requires beating just about every enemy and finding all of the hidden treasure. Your best tools for this are the CYCLOPS EYE, found in the secret stage Windy Way and LUCKY CHAX, which you can get by completing the trading quest in town.

Cyclops Eye lets you do quick screen wide scans for false walls by shaking the ground, either with your Down+S or the treasure box. Lucky Chax will let you pull money towards you, making it much easier to collect a lot of treasure.

Your biggest obstacle if you're going for A Ranks is dying, since you'll lose 100 euros every time you respawn. Some stages will let you get away with a couple deaths, but the shorter ones (intro and the secrets) expect no-death runs. You don't really get anything for an A rank aside from a couple achievements so its really up to you.

As for the game, it's certainly hard, I'll give you that. I do have a couple of nerfs planned once 1.1 is released (for example, sword pirates will give you a larger opportunity to attack after they swing). How you've been going on I'm surprised you still saw the game through to the end and I appreciate that. You even went so far as to find all of the game's hidden fairies if you've gotten berserk mode. It makes me wonder if you still didn't enjoy the game, even though it can be frustrating at times.
Reply }
Thanks given by:
Star 
I've found everything except like 3 of the books and 1 of the gourmet gal upgrades.  Poor cyclops girl, she can have her eye back now..

I thought I had collected everything but maybe I missed a coin somewhere.  Do you need 100% of the level's treasure for an A?  Cuz I searched and scanned everywhere and thought I snagged everything.  I probably will not do an all A rank but I want at least one, lol

I know I've gone on about my frustration but I do like the concept behind the game and its characters.  Amelia and Mimi are really cute!  I'd like to see how the game is after the nerfs. :)
~
If at first you don't succeed.. you fail.
Reply }
Thanks given by:
you don't need every single bit of treasure but you do need the majority of it. the shorter stages are actually really strict. The longer stages have more leeway. The easiest stage to A rank is probably the airship.
Reply }
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2016, 02:28 AM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: the shorter stages are actually really strict. The longer stages have more leeway.

SYX, do you always plan on making the first stage so hard for the good ranks? I remember the first level of UDM having a time to beat with like no leeway, lol.
[Image: Tz9C6Nk.gif] [Image: tumblr_nczob6jpmH1qk6z3co1_500_zpsdsmj1euq.gif] [Image: wOSLlsA.gif][Image: EnGrQ7o.gif]
Reply }
Thanks given by:
now that you've pointed it out, I guess it's gonna be syxgame tradition now.
Reply }
Thanks given by:
maybe do nooooooottttttttttttttttt
Reply }
Thanks given by:
its ok, I've already nerfed level 1 a bit. I made the jumps in the vertical segment easier and moved the asshole speedrun destroyer beetle.

Also I changed how ranking works, originally it was this:

A = target score
B = target score - 400
C = target score - 800
D = 0

Now it is this:

A = target score
B = 80% of target score
C = 60% of target score
D = 0

For example, in mimic's stage, the target score is 3,800, so the minimum scores for rank would look like this:

OLD
A = 3800
B = 3400
C = 3000
D = 0

NEW
A = 3800
B = 3040
C = 2280
D = 0

when the update is shipped, it won't automatically change your ranks, you'll have to do the level again to earn your new rank.
Reply }
Thanks given by: Shooting Star Azure