Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Khimera: Destroy all Monster Girls
So this has obviously taken more than a week so I'll let you guys in on the haps.

I was waiting for the OST to be finished so I took a small break and did some other stuff for a bit, when it finally seemed time for the game to be about done, I sent a copy to my good friend Moon Hood who immediately found a small Novel's worth of bugfixes and changes to make, so I've been doing that for the past two weeks.

Good news is I'm just about through the list and I'm only waiting on one more song from the music man and then it will be time!

Also it's on Greenlight
}
Thanks given by: Buttingston
Ooh, it sounds closer to completion than I thought. Nice.
[Image: Tz9C6Nk.gif] [Image: tumblr_nczob6jpmH1qk6z3co1_500_zpsdsmj1euq.gif] [Image: wOSLlsA.gif][Image: EnGrQ7o.gif]
}
Thanks given by:
I think if I didn't get so much shit from other not-make people to do over the last couple of days, I could have been done by now. But oh well, it can't be helped.
}
Thanks given by:
This game is out and you can play it RIGHT NOW!
}
Thanks given by: Shooting Star Azure , Dan J
Star 
Played a couple levels..  I found myself very often getting knocked repeatedly against a wall by the same enemy, unable to attack until I jumped away, and there was also a lot of being knocked into bottomless pits and lava which lead me to having to repeat the same rooms several several times.  It's also not clear which bottomless pits are safe all the time, so you gotta test and repeat with every pit you find.  And maybe I'm just missing something but some enemies seem nearly impossible to defeat without taking damage? Like those fire spitters.  Dashing into them hurts you, and walking up slowly leaves you open for attack.  You have to get right up close to the sword-wielding pirates to punch them which usually gets you slashed.

I think some punch range would do nicely, and a hammer-twirl-like effect when punching in the air, or slow decent punches like in Viewtiful Joe, and less charge time for the saucy shot.. I just unlocked that power but I haven't found it too useful with the lengthy delay.  Maybe have a way to cancel a dash, like it lasts as long as the button is held until the full dash is complete, so it's not as easy to overshoot a ledge and fall down, and give invincibility during a dash but have a slight delay before it can be used again, like the dash in Freedom Planet.

You got some really cute character designs, just went through the town and had some good laughs.  I want chat dolls!  

I'll keep playing to better judge the game, though I've died 22 times in just the first two stages.. mostly from the insta-death hits into lava.  It's been frustrating but maybe I'll learn the controls and physics better.
~
If at first you don't succeed.. you fail.
}
Thanks given by:
You can actually cancel the dash by moving in the opposite direction, this lets you dash with more precision.

Most enemies can be defeated fairly easily without taking damage once you get used to how they react to your attacks. For instance the sword pirates will always counter after getting hit, but you can punch them quick enough so that they're stun locked or you can bounce on their heads with your Down+S or simply jump or dash away before they can counter.

As for the fire spitting enemies, they actually fire over your head, you can stand directly in front of them and they'll miss.

You do have a good amount of HP so you can make mistakes, but enemies don't really play around. If you can't memorize their patterns or get used to your own attacks, they'll eat through your health fairly quickly.
}
Thanks given by:
Star 
I'm at the level after Doroko and I just quit out of frustration,

There are too many instances where you're killed in a single hit, which sends you back several rooms as check points are very spaced out.  Being hit by a relatively weak enemy sends you down into a pit and you die, get hit by the spikes a millisecond before you dash through the spike gaps knocks you into a pit, dashing a millisecond too late and you bump against the wall and end up dying, etc etc.. and then you're sent back like 5 rooms just to have it happen again.

I still can't figure out how to reliably take down enemies quickly, so I'm unable to progress further than the room with the rising spikes that ascend faster than I can.  I'm discouraged to punch or dash as most enemies hurt you for doing that, so most of the time I slowly pick them off with saucy shots, which cannot be done in this room.  After about the tenth death in this room I quit, it was taking too long to slog through the previous room that shifts up and down just to die again and repeat all over.  The checkpoint girl mentioned about gourmet girl who can increase my max health, but that wouldn't help me out at all, 95% of my deaths are from one hit kills.  I really want to like this game but I dislike the combat, the controls are so uncomfortably fidgety like the wings where I feel like I'm bashing my keyboard to move or attack half the time, and some of the level design really leaves me asking "why?"  Every single level I've completed I've been marked a D rank.. even on the levels I thought I did awesome at, dying once or twice from an insta-death bump.  I don't want to say the game is bad but I'm just not having fun with this one. :( Sorry.  I gave it a shot.
~
If at first you don't succeed.. you fail.
}
Thanks given by:
(04-17-2016, 03:38 PM)Shooting Star Azure Wrote: I'm at the level after Doroko and I just quit out of frustration,

There are too many instances where you're killed in a single hit, which sends you back several rooms as check points are very spaced out.  Being hit by a relatively weak enemy sends you down into a pit and you die, get hit by the spikes a millisecond before you dash through the spike gaps knocks you into a pit, dashing a millisecond too late and you bump against the wall and end up dying, etc etc.. and then you're sent back like 5 rooms just to have it happen again.

I still can't figure out how to reliably take down enemies quickly, so I'm unable to progress further than the room with the rising spikes that ascend faster than I can.  I'm discouraged to punch or dash as most enemies hurt you for doing that, so most of the time I slowly pick them off with saucy shots, which cannot be done in this room.  After about the tenth death in this room I quit, it was taking too long to slog through the previous room that shifts up and down just to die again and repeat all over.  The checkpoint girl mentioned about gourmet girl who can increase my max health, but that wouldn't help me out at all, 95% of my deaths are from one hit kills.  I really want to like this game but I dislike the combat, the controls are so uncomfortably fidgety like the wings where I feel like I'm bashing my keyboard to move or attack half the time, and some of the level design really leaves me asking "why?"  Every single level I've completed I've been marked a D rank.. even on the levels I thought I did awesome at, dying once or twice from an insta-death bump.  I don't want to say the game is bad but I'm just not having fun with this one. :( Sorry.  I gave it a shot.

I'm not sure where you're at, so this might not apply to all of the enemies you're facing.. but a charged pizza shot (which you unfortunately have to plan ahead on some parts) , down+attack, and strong attack are 1-hit kos. Pizza shots are good for enemies like the fire spitting girls/wall clinging pirates, while the other two work on enemies like the beetles and other kinds of pirates. (The pizza shot also works on default pirate kind, but you need to time it right as they can jump over the shot)

I do agree with you though.  I've lost a lot of lives due to enemy knockback despite finding most of the gourmet girl health upgrades.  The dash cancel technique is usually more trouble than it's worth as it usually moves me back a space or so, making precise platforming difficult. The only way I've found around this is to find the right placement on one platform and then just fully dash. (Though this requires trial and error, and even when I know the right spot the slightest slip up either costs me a live or a good chunk of health.)

The game is bittersweet for me as I love the story+jokes and how "continues" are desinged, but the difficulty is weird. The platforming and enemy placement are frustrating, while the mid-boss and bosses are easy. (Just spam dash attack)
[Image: QJMycct.png]
Quote:I should ask Dr. Mario for medicine. Maybe hit up Little Nemo for a sedative. And slip into a Final Fantasy until the sequels get repetitive.
}
Thanks given by: Shooting Star Azure
git gud
[Image: T1oehvR.gif][Image: a3f.gif][Image: T1oehvR.gif]
}
Thanks given by:
It's SYX Hard and I love it
[Image: Mysterious_Islandz_Userbar.png]

}
Thanks given by: