Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Kinda Chao Garden Game?
So I'm a bit burnt out from all the con work and was just doodling around in GM so I thought I'd post my work so far here. Maybe something can come of this, who knows?

The idea is that you have your own little tomagachi chao guy/gal who is also a magical guy/girl and you can do stuff with 'em. Not sure what kind of stuff yet. I did just think this up a few hours ago.

[Image: hnR5SQZ.png]]
I sprited some body parts and had GM put them together. The idea was that the individual parts can be colored and mixed and matched to make outfits and stuff.

Right now she kinds of looks like she stepped out of a homestuck (mostly because I didn't feel like doing the arms yet).
[Image: Sm29agd.png]

Not sure what direction I want to go with the art style but having the character being assembled and animated instead of just drawing the frames is a must.

Suggestions? Ideas? Post 'em here. Let's see how far we can go with this.
}
Thanks given by:
<Second post reserved for whatever>
}
Thanks given by:
I really have no ideas because this type of game/minigame always bores me within minutes. Just make sure to put in all of the best hairstyles.
[Image: Tz9C6Nk.gif] [Image: tumblr_nczob6jpmH1qk6z3co1_500_zpsdsmj1euq.gif] [Image: wOSLlsA.gif][Image: EnGrQ7o.gif]
}
Thanks given by:
[Image: PFUI8fu.jpg]

2kewl4u
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

(04-29-2011, 03:48 PM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: and you wonder why I don't like you

}
Thanks given by:
I don't know if you have ever played the GBA mini game stuff for the chao garden on the GC for SADX/SA2B, but I remember spending a lot of time in that, It was a tiny garden that you would do a mini game that had a core of rock/paper/scissors that you would do for rings that would let you buy fruit to feed them on this GBA, and then you would return your chao with its stats increased via the fruit.

Obviously this would be on a different scale- it may even be what you are basing the idea on and this is redundant information, but I figure that it was kinda interesting and going on a similar path with this.

On another note, I guess equipment could give stat bonus- if stats are even a good idea- or maybe mini games that are influenced by stats by a small margin might be neat.
howdy :P
[Image: tumblr_inline_o1purtiu7h1r40otq_500.jpg]
}
Thanks given by:
stick with all that guy/gal talk and have a gender select

also working on this is a good break from hdl, but make sure your eye stays on the prize
[Image: 29zbzus.gif][Image: 2v29yys.gif][Image: 29zbzus.gif]
Sux Wrote:I once had a dream that Yoshio irl was a cute anime girl
dorko4u Wrote:Yoshio sometimes I swear your brain's the size of a pea!
}
Thanks given by:
I talked about it a bit on Skype because the art style is shit and we might have hit on something a little better. This is just a quick example I did.

[Image: WbhJi6m.png]
}
Thanks given by:
A chao garden kind of game would be awesome. I did some tamagotchi when I was a kid, but I liked chao garden more. It felt more like a game, whereas tamagotchi was more like an idle game, just something to check up on every once in awhile for a few moments, and be sad that your pet died because you checked in a few minutes too late.

I dunno about humans. I think I'd go with some kind of creature instead. Is kinda weird to have pet humans.

Very unlikely but I think the reason why chao garden was fun for me was you'd get new items and power up your chao from in-game play outside the garden, so if possible there could be some way to transfer points won from S&S games to this game to spend on an item store. As the value of points differ between games, they'd be converted differently into this game's currency. Maybe achievements could be worth something too.
~
If at first you don't succeed.. you fail.
}
Thanks given by:
(07-21-2015, 12:56 AM)Shooting Star Azure Wrote: Very unlikely but I think the reason why chao garden was fun for me was you'd get new items and power up your chao from in-game play outside the garden, so if possible there could be some way to transfer points won from S&S games to this game to spend on an item store. As the value of points differ between games, they'd be converted differently into this game's currency. Maybe achievements could be worth something too.

This is a pretty clever idea if it can be done.
[Image: QJMycct.png]
Quote:I should ask Dr. Mario for medicine. Maybe hit up Little Nemo for a sedative. And slip into a Final Fantasy until the sequels get repetitive.
}
Thanks given by:
This is a possibility.

Though the actual game will have other games in it to get items and stuff from as well.
}
Thanks given by: