Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Revenge of the Wasp Woman

Download Page

Release: May 19, 2015

Professor Beatrice Saw was once one of the world's leading experts on genetics but after a horrific lab accident transformed her into a hideous wasp-scientist hybrid, she was never the same. Now the wicked Wasp Woman causes havoc on the streets of capital city and it's up to an endless supply of police robots to stop her!

But you won't let these police robots stop her, will you?

•Use the arrow keys to move your villian.
•Press A to shoot and S to deploy screen clearing bombs.
•Press Q or Escape to pause.
•Change controls to your liking in game.
•USB and Xinput compatible.
•F1 at any time to view full controls.

Basically it's an infinite Shmup where you play as a wasp person. Try to survive for as long as you can as enemies get progressively more difficult. Upgrade your equipment with the currency dropped from robots.

Let me know what you think, alright?
Reply }
Thanks given by:
So basically, there was an accident and then she decided to kill humanity.
Seems legit.

Also it seems pretty fun.
[Image: Pm2mg1m.png]
Reply }
Thanks given by:
If you turned into a giant wasp I'm sure you wouldn't be thinking straight either. She had... a hard life.
Reply }
Thanks given by:
Yeah, it's pretty good.

I held off too long on using the thing to shorten the wave, ended up dying because of it.
Reply }
Thanks given by:
Died at 40.

The single game flaw is that white ships still show up when the wave ends, meaning you could take damage at the end of late waves when they get really fast. Not sure if you can actually game over this way.

Other than that I liked it, it was a fun hour. Not sure about replay value because one hour of that is a lot of time I need to spend to kill my record but I wouldn't mind playing again eventually.
Reply }
Thanks given by:
This'll be useful the next time I need to occupy my hands while I listen to a podcast.

I'm having a bunch of fun with it! Though I'm still having a weird problem with my controller. I try to set up the controls, and it works for all but the pause button. It won't let me pause with a controller for whatever reason.

I'll have to play it a bunch more before I think of much more to say.
[Image: Tz9C6Nk.gif] [Image: tumblr_nczob6jpmH1qk6z3co1_500_zpsdsmj1euq.gif] [Image: wOSLlsA.gif][Image: EnGrQ7o.gif]
Reply }
Thanks given by:
(05-19-2015, 05:25 PM)Bob Hood Wrote: Died at 40.

The single game flaw is that white ships still show up when the wave ends, meaning you could take damage at the end of late waves when they get really fast. Not sure if you can actually game over this way.

Other than that I liked it, it was a fun hour. Not sure about replay value because one hour of that is a lot of time I need to spend to kill my record but I wouldn't mind playing again eventually.

>40

Bob you're a fucking monster! What was it like!?

Also I did a mini-patch that fixes this manta issue. No patch notes but you can re-download the game and it won't do that anymore.
Reply }
Thanks given by:
Ok actual patch time. Fixed a few more things and added an enemy to the late waves.

•Fixed white mantas spawning after winning in higher waves.
•Removed purple projectiles, all projectiles are red now.
•Added new enemy, rust shielder, who will appear in wave 27 onward.
•Fixed damage upgrade not applying to projectiles.
•Edited enemy spawn rates slightly in higher waves.
Reply }
Thanks given by:
I fricked it up, here's another patch that fixes save corruption error related to bombs. Don't tell my mom, ok?

•Fixed bombs not saving when saving the game.
•Fixed save corruption issue related to above bug.
*Saves carried over from version 1.1 and 1.0 may still be corrupted when loading into any version
Reply }
Thanks given by:
(05-20-2015, 12:37 AM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: Bob you're a fucking monster! What was it like!?

It was only the beginning.

Apparently I completely forgot that you could retire from the wave to the shop during that run, so I went back.

Honestly I'm not a big fan of the feature. It makes the easier waves boring because before you get to the 40s you'll never be short of money for more health, bombs, etc.

When you are in the 40s, the retire feature puts you in this horrible purgatory where you aren't good enough to advance, but as you keep jumping out at 1 hp you still have enough money to get HP back and hope you can build up money to buy the wave shortener over several runs. I saved and stopped for now at wave 46, I may off myself and submit the score later. I kinda wanna keep trying but I didn't know the patches were out until I went to make this post. I don't hate the idea of a "redo" and I still like the game, but as it is, the survivability got to a point where I was wishing the game could just kill me.
Reply }
Thanks given by: