Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vista Quest Pocket
Personally, I thought the miniboss was an interesting addition. Really lets you know that stage means business. Very good midpoint placement, too.
}
Thanks given by:
My big problem was how long it took to get to the minbosses due to all the annoying walljumping you had to do, but I think SYX fixed that by putting launchers there or something. But yeah, I like the minibosses.
[Image: Tz9C6Nk.gif] [Image: tumblr_nczob6jpmH1qk6z3co1_500_zpsdsmj1euq.gif] [Image: wOSLlsA.gif][Image: EnGrQ7o.gif]
}
Thanks given by:
Maybe it just made me really mad trying to get through it so I have a bias against it.
Then again earlier levels made me mad as well, but the second time going through them was more enjoyable.

The answer to this is that I'm an inconsistent weird person.
[Image: Pm2mg1m.png]
}
Thanks given by:
I fixed the scoreboard for VQP by the way. Good job me.
}
Thanks given by:
I finally played this game today and.. stopped after the first boss. The controls are kinda too stiff for me and walljumping is so slow. Seeing how this game has secret areas, I feel the need to hop down any pit I see to check if anything is there, and sometimes they're so deep that I have to spend about 20 seconds to slowly walljump back up, and while doing this I wonder if it'd just be faster to kill myself to get back where I was. I'm glad controls could be chosen as the default controls are pretty.. wacky, not sure how the game could be played with them. I did notice the attack button couldn't be changed, though. What's up with that?
~
If at first you don't succeed.. you fail.
}
Thanks given by:
I'm glad someone else agrees about the wall jumping.

I don't think it's that bad though because SYX doesn't force you to wall jump between walls for long periods of time... I think? It's been a while since I beat it.
[Image: Tz9C6Nk.gif] [Image: tumblr_nczob6jpmH1qk6z3co1_500_zpsdsmj1euq.gif] [Image: wOSLlsA.gif][Image: EnGrQ7o.gif]
}
Thanks given by:
I think the only time wall jumps only bothered me when there were gaps between what you were jumping between, especially when spikes are in the gaps. Or shortly after I got that wall-grabby powerup, and I hadn't gotten used to it.
[Image: Pm2mg1m.png]
}
Thanks given by:
The issue with custom controls not saving is that when you saved them, it wrote to the correct file, but saved them under the incorrect names, resulting in the loading script being unable to find your saved settings.

This will be fixed in 1.1.
}
Thanks given by:
Awesome. Is there a planned release date for 1.1?
}
Thanks given by:
Either tonight or tomorrow, I already fixed most of what I wanted to address from what I saw during the stream. I'm also considering boosting the jump height of the wall kick by a bit. I'll have to see how it goes.

Also 1.1 will have a different security algorithm so 1.0 will not be authorized to save high scores anymore after release.
}
Thanks given by: