Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vista Quest Pocket

Go here, play games

The nearby island of Costa Vista has been taken over by the dark witch/sister of our favourite island hero! It's up to you to platform your way through 18 of the most wall-kickinest levels to date to save the island. Register on our forum to upload your final score when you beat the game (if you can beat the game).

Controls:
A - Jump
S - Run
Down - Yo-Yo Attack
Q - Pause
Left - Move Left
Right - Move Right
F9 - Screenshot
Esc - End game
}
Thanks given by:
Really liking the game so far. Good job all around.
Quote:Bot revives thread with quoted ad-bot text to damage the boss
}
Thanks given by:
Well this is pretty neato.
It's all GBC-y.

ALSO: Some hitboxes seem off. Like the first boss would kill me before it actually touched me. Its attacks also seemed to do this. Not sure if you meant it to be like that or not.
[Image: Pm2mg1m.png]
}
Thanks given by:
I'm most likely going to be uploading videos from me streaming this game. woohooo

-Good work, SYX! I love the Dorko mode you gave me. (good very belated birthday present / early christmas present)
-Some said Dorko's walk/run was disorienting, but I thought it was perfectly fine. And also groovy.
-Good ol' classic Visty Questy stuffy stuff.
-There's a lack of enemy variation. On the plus side, there weren't any of those thwomp guys. That would be too much for me.
-Wall jumping is so low. It can be useful, but I don't like the parts where I have to slowly wall jump upwards. It takes forever, especially when I die and have to do it again.
-Wall jumping is a bit uncomfortable after the upgrade methinks. I got used to it, yeah, but it was pretty exhausting, surprisingly so for a game with only 3 worlds.
-I didn't like the second boss. More boring than the first one, and also all of those times I was above it and died made me sour. If it wasn't for Mandew, I never would have tried to wall jump onto his head when he was in the middle because it doesn't look like I should be able to hit him. Hitboxes, blah blah. I guess this is a consistent problem of Rutsubo being too scary to jump on, haha.
-I loved the first and final boss though. Those eyeball minibosses were cool too.
-The minion library thing is nice, I'd better look into those entries. What worries me is not knowing what cards I have or have not gotten, from like, which levels, but then again I haven't looked to see if the game tells me anything.
-I didn't pay much attention to the music but it seemed fine. I like how I can easily replace the songs though, heh. I'll make sure to save a backup of the visty questy pockety music if I do that.
-Oh right, the game was visually nice. There was only one background that caused me a bit of "ow", I think. That owl was amazing.

I got grumpy while playing it, but I like it. I kinda want to play more of it but no promises.
[Image: Tz9C6Nk.gif] [Image: tumblr_nczob6jpmH1qk6z3co1_500_zpsdsmj1euq.gif] [Image: wOSLlsA.gif][Image: EnGrQ7o.gif]
}
Thanks given by:
Cards are just sort of scattered about with no rhyme or reason. I'll be putting up a card guide however in the near future that people can use as reference.

After I get some more feedback, I'm going to release a version 1.1 that will include any required bugfixes and a pause option to disable wall claws.

I was thinking of boosting wall kick momentum a bit but I'm afraid it will fuck up all of the level design. In the meantime, version 1.0 has a few extra jump pads so you can skip tedious wall kicking.
}
Thanks given by:
(12-21-2013, 09:48 AM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: Cards are just sort of scattered about with no rhyme or reason. I'll be putting up a card guide however in the near future that people can use as reference.

After I get some more feedback, I'm going to release a version 1.1 that will include any required bugfixes and a pause option to disable wall claws.

I was thinking of boosting wall kick momentum a bit but I'm afraid it will fuck up all of the level design. In the meantime, version 1.0 has a few extra jump pads so you can skip tedious wall kicking.

Ah, okay. The card bit makes sense. And yeah, of course changing the wallkick would mess up the level design a bit. More launchpads does seem like an easy solution, haha. Good work, SYX.
[Image: Tz9C6Nk.gif] [Image: tumblr_nczob6jpmH1qk6z3co1_500_zpsdsmj1euq.gif] [Image: wOSLlsA.gif][Image: EnGrQ7o.gif]
}
Thanks given by:
Also for anyone who sees stream before playing the game, dorko's version is labeled 'D4U' and is essentially version 0.9. I added a few things to it before uploading version 1.0 to the website

-Collecting 50 coins now awards you a 500 point bonus
-default green enemies move a bit slower than in dorko's version
-1-5 has two checkpoints, also that one pit you're supposed to go down is less misleading now
-added a few jump pads here and there to help with wall kick segments.
-a couple other minor things I forgot
}
Thanks given by:
You seem to like tight jumps with deathspikes. Why is that?
Stupid Bonus #1. Gimmick was pretty neato, though.

ALSO:
[Image: mz2xpGJ.png]
THIS STUPID JUMP.
I died to this more than anything else in the level. The rest of it wasn't too bad.
[Image: Pm2mg1m.png]
}
Thanks given by:
This looks amazing. You know how much I love retro style stuff. y u no release this after I get new computer? :(
[Image: PFz1Ign.png]
[Image: puf4wvh.png]
}
Thanks given by:
(12-21-2013, 12:20 PM)Buppux Wrote: You seem to like tight jumps with deathspikes. Why is that?
Stupid Bonus #1. Gimmick was pretty neato, though.

ALSO:
[Image: mz2xpGJ.png]
THIS STUPID JUMP.
I died to this more than anything else in the level. The rest of it wasn't too bad.

You are supposed to wall kick. Just run in and latch onto the wall
}
Thanks given by: